Thursday, February 24, 2011

Banana Bread Goodness.

I sat at my desk this morning, gobbling up a [very] thick slice of the banana bread that I baked last night. Picking up the crumbs to savor every last POSSIBLE bite. I was sipping on a cup tasty cup of brew (and maybe I dipped a few bites in the coffee too).



As I savored the last morsel, I thought about you, our dedicated readers. And so, I've decided to share my recipe!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. yogurt (I added a little more to make it just a tad bit moister)
3 ripe bananas

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the butter with the sugar and the egg. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients. In another separate bowl, mix the yogurt and bananas. Add the dry mixture and the banana mixture to the shortening mix.

Although I didn't this time, get creative; add chocolate chunks, or walnuts or combination of the two!

Add the dough mixture to a buttered loaf pan and bake for one hour.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment