Last night we fired up our grill for the first time (for our own dinner) and cooked some Barbecue Halibut Steaks accompanied with Grilled Sweet Potatoes and Roasted Brussels Sprouts. Simple dinner, but completely delicious. It took less then 20 minutes to prepare and cook - perfect for a Sunday night.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (1 pound) halibut steak
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Place butter, brown sugar, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, and pepper in a small saucepan. Warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Brush fish with brown sugar sauce, and place on grill. Cook for 5 minutes per side, or until fish can be easily flaked with a fork, basting with sauce. Discard remaining basting sauce.